Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cari di neng toyib

Conversation between me and My friends at Uni today

>> Friday, September 20, 2013

 I have an interesting conversation with couple of my friends today..

I had a two class today, one at 9 and another one at 1 pm. at lunch time after class, me and my friends, jessica. raechel and Maria petroski  went to our usual cafeteria not far from uni . One of my friend ask me what religion I am? I told them I am a muslim.. 
I ask her why are you suddenly asking this question?
then she said, were you born in Indonesia or Australia?
I said i was born in Indonesia !
then she said ,, oh .. thats probably why you are muslim,, she asked me if my parents and grandparents and  parents before me are all muslim?
 i said yes.. they are all muslim..why?
then she said...

"The majority of people never actually chose their own religion. It was chosen for them by the simple act of being born. The majority of people that:
*If I was born in a Israel I would probably be Jewish, OR 
* If i was born in US, UK, AUS, would probably be a christian or
*If I was born in Utah I would probably be a Mormon, OR ..
*If I was born in Asia I would probably be a Buddhist, Christian OR muslim
*If I was born in the Middle East I would probably be a Muslim. 
*If i was born in Indonesia I Would probably be a Muslim or Christian OR...
*If i was born in Bali, I would probably be a Buddhist OR...

For the majority of us, religion is not a choice, it is a birthright. we grow up then our parents teach us to pray at night, pray before meal, thank god for everything that we got... have you ever wandering why we have the same religion like parents, grand parents, and the parents before them... 

Are you dare to questioning your parents( when you are kid) why they have to teach us kids the same religion like they do ?(Which is probably the same religion from their parents and then their parents before them and so on...) are parents have the absolute right to choose religion for their kids? 

Of course one would say mine is better than yours, better than that one or  better than those ones, but have you ever wondering why cant we choose religions once we are able to understand which one perfect and right for you.  
 which one you feels like right for you? , your own religion you choose it.. no pushy.. no influence.. your own though.. your own freedom to choose, whether you choose to be Muslim, Jewish,  christian, Hindu or Buddhists is your decision... 

If you feel that your religion is the best of all others, it is natural to be loyal or appreciate what it has done for you. However, if you feel superior to others because of being a Muslim, Buddhist or Christian, or something, then that is where your religion has failed. For you to feel that way means that it has provided you with incomplete knowledge. You have not made much spiritual advancement. If your religion has failed to bring you to the spiritual platform in which you can see the spiritual similarities between you and all other creatures, regardless of caste, creed, culture, or species, then your religion has failed. Or you have failed to follow it properly, or to its ultimate goal. It may have brought you to the path of being pious, but it has not brought you to the point of true love of God and spiritual vision. Real love of God includes the spiritual love for all others, without prejudice, bias, or condescending attitudes. If you have not attained this level, then you still have much progress to make either in your own religion or by adding the help of another more complete source of spiritual knowledge. Those who are not understanding in this way and criticize different systems of religion due to jealousy, envy, malice, or a sense of superiority, are simply revealing themselves to be very immature. They do not cherish love toward their own God, but show more regard for vain quarrels and contentions
All individuals are born potentially good...Only when he further develops and learn biases that he becomes a monster. Conditioning and experiences further makes or breaks the individual - helping him become what he IS.
I don't care if people follow the Koran or the Bible, I just want them to stop being stupid and ignorant about their archaic practices that have no place in a modern human society.
why we have a religion? some say because we need morals, we don't need religion to have morals, all human being have morals some choose to ignore it and some don't  If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP